The Fibaro Zwave door sensor follows Fibaro's model of beautiful form and function. Primarily designed as a very compact door and window sensor, this unique device also has a wired input and can even be used as a temperature sensor with the addition of a DS18B20 temperature sensor (not included).Fibaro Zwave Sensor Features at a Glance:
- Very compact Zwave enabled door and window sensor
- Battery powered, lasts up to 2 years
- Can also be used on garage doors
- Wired input
- Add a push button and turn it in to a doorbell trigger or hold up button
- Add a wall switch to let it turn on a Zwave light module or as a scene switch
- Add a DS18B20 sensor to turn it in to an accurate temperature sensor
As a door sensor you can have your automation system automatically turn on the lights when you get home. Or as a window sensor you can tell your system to turn of the air conditioning if a window gets opened.
You can get creative and add a push button to trigger a zwave 'silent alarm', having your system send you an email alert. Or use it as a doorbell button or even a call for service button.
If you add a DS18B20 temperature sensor, it can transmit temperature to your Zwave automation system.
Fibaro FGK-104 Details:
- Built in reed switch and included magnet to use as a door/window
- Input for adding a switch or button, or external sensor for triggers
- Zwave enabled, 908.4 MHz
- Runs on included ER14250 (1/2AA) battery for up to two years
- Dual tamper switches
- Operating temperature 0-40C
- Dimensions: 76 x 17 x 19 mm
Note: metal door frames or junction boxes may limit range.